What’s on Offer
As a TCBL Associate your business will interact with TCBL Business Labs’ explorations of inspiring and stimulating ideas for business model innovation, participating with other Associates in the experimental settings of the Business Pilots, designed to lower the risk of innovation. You’ll also have privileged access to the increasing set of Business Services linking up to the TCBL Open Platform.
Your business will be assigned to one of the TCBL Advisors in the Welcome Service. This will help you navigate among the network of Labs, Enterprises and Services to take advantage of the best resources and opportunities. In addition, the majority of TCBL project partners also offer business support and training services as a part of their normal activities.
Participation as an Associate in the TCBL ecosystem is free of charge for the duration of EU funding (until end June 2019) and implies no formal obligation to the TCBL project consortium nor to the European Commission. The results of business interactions within the TCBL ecosystem of Associates selected in the first three annual Calls are already visible elsewhere on the TCBL website and in publications and testimonies at the yearly #TCBL conferences.
How to Apply
The application process for the rolling Call for TCBL Associates is managed on Thela https://thela.cleviria.it/, a commercial web application used by leading brands for transparent supply chain management. As an applicant, you get a free subscription for two months (time required to complete the application process), which extends to six months if your application is successful. In Thela, you compile a self-assessment of your business practice that TCBL Advisors check for veracity. If you meet the criteria, you automatically qualify as a TCBL Associate.
- First, you must first sign up to the TCBL Open Platform (use Login with TCBL above the menu and then Sign up!) if you haven’t done so already, and log in.
- Return to this page and click "Apply" below (if you are not logged in you will be invited to do so). This takes you to a special Signup page, where you compile a registration form with information about you and your company. When you click Submit, you are automatically granted the free Supplier license linked to the TCBL account on Thela and assigned the Call questionnaire. A confirmation page will tell you that registration has been successfully completed.
- Next, you simply go to the Thela homepage at your convenience (you can also use the button on the confirmation page to do so right away). Make sure you click on “Login with TCBL” (you need to login again for security reasons) and then select “Compiling” on your home page to go to the self-assessment questionnaire. You should save your work as you proceed and click Complete when you are satisfied with your answers.
Beyond general company information, the questionnaire consists of three sections corresponding to the main criteria for qualification.
· Relevance: how your experience in the T&C sector makes you fit for the role of TCBL Associate.
· Coherence: how you and your activities align with and contribute to the seven TCBL Principles
Before accessing the questionnaire on Thela, you can take a look at the questions in the PDF attachment at the bottom of this page.
Key questions in the application form are scored to indicate your position with regards to one of the three criteria above. Once you have submitted your application, a TCBL Advisor will be selected to check your responses and either accept as compiled or invite you to provide further information, modify responses, etc. to improve your score. If and when your score is above threshold, you are automatically qualified to become a TCBL Associate. There is no set limit for the number of Associate Enterprises to take on board.
Then What Happens?
The control process for submitted applications will occur on a monthly basis, meaning that you will be informed of the outcome on an average of one month but within a maximum of two months from submission. Successful candidates will then connect with their Advisor for the Welcome Service (also free of charge until end June 2019) and be invited to participate in all TCBL activities, including the annual #TCBL conferences. Four exemplary Enterprises will be selected each year by the Conference organizing committee as invited speakers (with reimbursement of travel expenses). On that occasion, the new Associates from the rolling Calls of the previous year will be publicly announced. A full yearly report on the Call procedure and outcomes will be published at the end of July, of each year.
Person Responsible for the TCBL Call procedures: Paolo Guarnieri, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical assistance with your Thela account and questionnaire, please contact email@example.com, +39 0557 766702.